A person who is arrested and detained for immigration reasons can get released from the custody till appearing in the court by taking immigration bond. The bond refers to the money that is paid as a surety that ensures that the person out of detention would attend immigration court hearings.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after detaining the foreign national would set the bond amount provided the person is eligible for bond, and the amount is fixed by risk classification assessment. The risk classification assessment means the risk posed by the immigrant to the public and the risk of the flight that is poised by the individual. If the person is unable to pay the amount set by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), they can ask the immigration judge to review the case and set a lower price.
The immigration bail bond process
There are many reliable websites like suretybondauthority.com, which gives information about the procedures needed for immigration bonds. The details that are needed before seeking professional help are
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) keeps tracking thousand of cases, and there is a file number attached to each case. Sometimes, the case number starts with A and followed by a digit that starts by 0 or 2 and the file number is to be quoted by those who seek help.
- The full legal name of the detainee, date of birth and country of origin details are needed if file number is not tracked out.
- This information would help professional agents to get the bond amount that is being charged against them along with the location of jail or detention facility along with the city and state details.
Types of immigration bonds
- Delivery Bond: The detainee eligibility for immigration bond is fixed by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) authorities or immigration judge. An arrest warrant and a set of conditions that is to be followed by the detainee is a pre requisite for the detainee to be released on delivery bond. The person is allowed to spend time with the family and consults an immigration lawyer if the person gets a delivery bond.
- Voluntary departure bond: The detainee is allowed to leave the country within the time specified. The expense is to be met by the detainee. The departure amount is refundable only if the detainee leaves the country within the time specified.
- Supervision bond and public charge bond are other types of bonds.
More details about these bonds can be found in website like https://suretybondauthority.com/immigration-bond/.
The methods to pay for immigration bond
Cash bond method in which the family of the detainee would pay the full immigration bond amount to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The money is normally refunded after the detainee attends the mandatory hearing in the court.
A Surety bond is another method in which the family of the detainee seeks professional agent helps and pays the percentage of the immigration bond amount. Choosing an agent is a tricky issue, and there are websites like https://suretybondauthority.com/immigration-bond/ who can guide the process.